Sunday, April 6, 2014

The One With the Tunes List

I admit it, I've never been a fan of running/jogging....it just hasn't been my go-to thing for any point in my life. Then again I haven't forced myself to tie up my shoes and get out there to move faster than a power walk.  Until now.

Since I'm on a self improvement kick, I thought I would finally test my will power and learn to like it...or at least force myself to do it more often. Who am I kidding, the endorphin high (so I've heard) could be fantastic...and any little bit of happiness I can get will work wonders on my overall attitude.  A friend of mine talked about the "Couch to 5K" work out plan, which  takes intervals of walking and running and increases over the 28 work outs..so by the end you should be able to run for a full 30 minutes. I'm not out to be a marathon runner or anything but right now I can focus on myself as I wait for the rest of my life to fall into place. I also noticed 28 work outs done every day instead of the 3 times a week might increase the likelihood running becomes a new habit. ....

I did the first work out and it was hard for me to stop and start every 30 seconds looking at my phone's stop watch so I came up with a play list of up tempo music and slower stuff. I plan to adjust my speed with each song change. It'll take some time to work up to full songs but I figure as long as I'm moving for the entire playlist it will get easier...until I reach the full length run.

So what's the playlist you ask? ....Drum roll please....

1) Don't Stop Believing - Journey (warm up)

2) Stronger - Kelly Clarkson

3) Stand- Rascal Flatts

4) Cruise - Florida Georgia Line

5) Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

6) Raise Your Glass - P!nk

7) The House  That Built Me - Miranda Lambert

8) Country Girl - Luke Bryan

9) She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5

10) Here I Go Again - Whitesnake ( Cool Down)

The track list is a total of 38 minutes....which is more than enough to keep me busy for a while. I spent a lot of time listening to different tunes and picking the ones I liked best/ kept me motivated. I pay attention to the lyrics just as much as the beat and I also like variety of genres so I think this mix is pretty good.  As I run more I might change out some of the slower songs for faster, to keep me motivated.  On that note, I should finish downloading the track list to my MP3 player and mentally prepare myself for the continuation tomorrow. Wish me luck (and for wings on my feet haha)!!

<--- P.S. A little wisdom for the day and something to think about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment